Sweet and Sour Deep Fried Fish
Sweet and Sour Deep Fried Fish
Pictures taken at Barelang Fisabillah Bridge Barelang Fisabillah Bridge
That is me taking a picture at Barelang Fisabillah Bridge
Barelang Fisabillah Bridge
Traditional Dance by the Local People
Golden Prawn 933 Seafood Restaurant
I will be posting more pictures in my next post. Cheers! :)
Here is the itinerary that I have for my batam getaway.
- Depart from Singapore to Batam
- Reach Batam Sekupang Ferry Terminal and proceed for immigration and custom clearance. You will be pick up by KTM staff who will escort you to the resort.
- Check into our rooms
- Board onto air-conditioned coach with a friendly local chinese speaking tour-guide.
- Visit scenic spot and take pictures at Barelang Fisabillah Bridge, the biggest bridge linking few islands of batam.
- Visit Maha Vihara Duta Maitreya Laughing Buddha Temple, the largest buddhist temple in south east asia.
- GST Local Product Shop - Variety of local products can be found here such as coffee, batik and handy craft.
- Seafood lunch at Golden Prawn 933 Seafood.
- Watch traditional dance by local kampong villagers like swallowing fire and eating glasses.
- Visit Bengkong Dry Food Stuff Market
- Visit Polo Shop were Polo Ralph can be purchased at reasonable prices.
- Tua Pek Kong Chinese Temple. (The famous & Oldest Batam Chinese Temple which was moved from kusu island of Singapore during 1980)
- Batam City Shopping Mall (One of the biggest and newest shopping mall in town)
- 5.30 pm
- Tour ended. We requested the tour guide to bring us to a massage parlour for massaging. Massage cost $20 lasted about 1 and half hour. Proceed back to resort by taxi about 40,000 rupiahs.
Massage at Batam Spa Villa
- Rest of the day
Free and Easy
(Pictures can be found in the next post)
View 3 From my room
View 4 From my room
View 5 From my room
Beach front Cottage
Another few more days to good friday. I managed to find a cheap and great deal for 3 days 2 nights getaway at Batam. Many resorts were fully booked this friday, so we decided to settle down at this "Kelong Lookalike" resort named KTM Resort since budget is our priority. As there will be 6 people going for the trip, we were given a family style cottage and a standard room for the first night and 3 beachfront cottages for the 2nd night. I hope this trip can really unwind my tiredness & also to let me "rot" on the island.....
Stay: 3 days 2 nights at KTM Resort
Price per pax: $148
Inclusive: -Breakfast for both days
- Ferry Tickets (Return)
-90 Minutes ocean spa (Foot bath, Hydrotherapy Bath and Aromatherapy Massage)
- 1 Seafood Lunch
- One Day tour around batam with chinese speaking tour guide.
I shall update this site with more pictures and information on batam trip again. Cheers! :)
This is one of my favourite restaurant in Singapore. Restaurants along Rochester Park are embrace by the nature. The ambience is relaxing if you have a drink in the early evening when the crowd is not there yet. If you like spicy hot sauce, you should try their "ass kicking hot sauce" where it is graded from mild to extreme. With an Alfresco Dining Style, you should try their specialties like Baby Back Ribs, Rack of Lamb, Arizona Chicken & Bean Stew, Sante Fe Crab Cakes and many more great dishes.
Note: Charges calculated here are from 11am-2pm
My suggestions to drivers is to park either at Plaza Singapura and walk down or parking at the open space carpark may save a bit for the charges. The best solution is to take train to Orchard and you save the hassle of parking charges.
All these pictures are gruesome and this is a true story.
This man developed a severe headache for the past 3 years and has put it off as migraine and stress from work. It was only when he started losing his psycomotor skills that he seeks medical help. A brain scan and X-Ray reveals little however. But upon closer inspection by a specialist on his scalp, the doctor noticed small movements beneath his skin. It was then that the doctor did a local anaesthetic to his scalp and discovered the cause when tiny worms crawled out. A major surgery was thus immediately called for and the extent of the infestation was horrific.